Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are needed whenever a property is; Built, Sold and Rented

An EPC contains:  
Information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs and recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money.
An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and it is valid for 10 years.

If you don’t get an EPC when you need one, you can be fined, so ensure you get one when required.

Buildings that don’t need an EPC, include:  
Places of worship
Temporary buildings that will be used for less than 2 years
Stand-alone non-residential buildings with total useful floor space of less than 50 square metres
Industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings that don’t use a lot of energy
Some buildings that are due to be demolished
Holiday accommodation that’s rented out for less than 4 months a year or is let under a licence to occupy

Thinking of Selling or Renting your home?

If you’re selling or renting your home, you must order an EPC for potential buyers and tenants before you market your property. 

How do you get an EPC?

If you’re selling or renting out your home, you’ll need to find an accredited assessor. They’ll assess your property and produce the certificate.

You can  CONTACT US to discuss with us how to get an accredited accessor to do an EPC for your home.

If you are Buying or Renting

If you’re buying or renting then the person selling the house, the landlord or the letting agent must show you the EPC.